- The examining committee must contain:
- Five graduate faculty members*, one of whom must be from a department other than the
- One additional member of the committee may be from outside the Health Sciences Center.
- The Dean may serve as a member or may appoint members to the Committee.
- Five graduate faculty members*, one of whom must be from a department other than the student's department.
- The examinaing committee must contain:
- 3 graduate faculty members*, one of whom must be from a department different than
the student's department.
- 3 graduate faculty members*, one of whom must be from a department different than the student's department.
*Graduate faculty members must be current LSUHSC faculty that have been nominated by a basic sciences department and approved by the GAC before they are considered official graduate faculty members. More information can be found here: https://graduatestudies.lsuhsc.edu/graduate_faculty_membership.aspx.
Please check this website for the most up to date list of graduate faculty members: https://graduatestudies.lsuhsc.edu/graduate_faculty_members.aspx.
Request Form: http://graduatestudies.lsuhsc.edu/docs/Dissertation%20&%20Thesis%20Request.pdf. The request form must be submitted two weeks prior to the defense.
Report Form: http://graduatestudies.lsuhsc.edu/docs/Dissertation_Thesis_Defense_Final_Exam_Report.pdf
The deadline to submit dissertations/thesis is always one month prior to the conferral date of a given term. If you have not turned in the report form by the deadline, your graduation date will be postponed until the subsequent semester.
Dissertation/Thesis Binding & Publication
After your defense, you must submit at least two copies of your printed dissertation or thesis for binding. The two copies are for the library and for the dean. These two copies are paid for in your graduation fees that appear in your fee bill. You may order additional copies and there is no limit on how many you can order. Each additional copy costs $15 and can be paid by check or money order made out to LSUHSC.
You must also submit your dissertation or thesis to ProQuest for electronic publication at the following link: https://secure.etdadmin.com/cgi-bin/etdadmin_login?form=etdadmin&request_uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.etdadmin.com%2Fcgi-bin%2Fstudent%2Fetd
The School of Graduate Studies does not proofread any dissertations or theses prior to binding; what is submitted is final.