All students are expected to comply with the general Health Sciences Center provisions governing registration as specified in the General Information Section of the Catalog/Bulletin. Late registration is permitted only under unusual circumstances and a fee will be assessed.
All full-time students engaged in research should register for it. Although only six hours will be counted for the master degree and fifteen for the doctoral degree, students should continue to register for research every semester in which they are engaged in research.
Steps to Register:
- Log in to Student Self Service and see if any holds on your account. For instructions on how to view holds, click here.
- Meet with your mentor/advisor/ departmental graduate coordinator to determine your course schedule and plan towards graduation.
- Once all holds have been cleared, log back in to Self Service, and complete the Validation task. For instructions on validation, click here. If information such as expected graduation date or legal address needs to be updated, contact Student Affairs.
- Enroll in classes. For instructions on how to add classes, click here.
- Before each fall semester, complete the following forms (Optional Fee Checklist, Title IV Form, Accident & Sickness Form) and turn in to the Bursar.
Medical Requirements for New Students
A physical examination, selected blood work and immunizations are mandatory prior to registration at the Health Sciences Center. Students will receive information and instructions pertinent to student health in their acceptance packet.
Students enrolled full-time in the LSU System may cross enroll at other LSU System campuses. Students are required to complete an application for LSU System Multi-Campus Registration (available in the Office of the Registrar). This form must be submitted to the Student Affairs office two weeks prior to registration. Students should first register with their home school. Documentation that fees have been paid at the home school, a course schedule form, and two copies of Multi-Campus Registration Form must be submitted at registration.
Enrolled students may audit courses without credit. Persons not enrolled in the School of Graduate Studies will not be permitted to audit.
Degrees ► The School of Graduate Studies will not award graduate degrees to full-time faculty of the Health Sciences Center above the rank of Instructor or to other employees without permission of the Program and the Dean.
Registration for Courses ► LSUHSC employees may not register for more than six hours of credit per semester. No full-time employee will be permitted to register without written approval of the employee's immediate supervisor, Department Head and the Dean of the School of Graduate Studies. The employee must deliver the letter to the Dean's Office of the School of Graduate Studies in the Resource Center at least two weeks before registration. The employee must also complete a Graduate School Application Form and pay the $30 application fee. At registration, the employee will pay for the course according to the Health Sciences Center Fee Schedule. Employees may qualify for a Tuition and Fee exemption. Criteria and eligibility information may be obtained from the Assistant Vice Chancellor for Administration and Finance on the eighth floor of the Resource Center.
Employees are limited to a total of 12 graduate course hours. Only under extraordinary circumstances can this total be exceeded and only upon the recommendation of the Graduate Advisory Council and the approval of the Dean of the School of Graduate Studies.